Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Anonymous
Memberships
Guest_Anonymous
Dear Waltii,

I have read Scotty's piece on your forum re: memberships and the comments of the LG. However, just to clarify the situation:

Memberships of the RA are actually due 31st December each year (OK, the Scoute is always out of kilter with that!). The new RA Membership card states that membership expires on 31 March 2007. This is for the benefit of those who use black powder and have to obtain licences, as these are often due for renewal in the spring and the local constabularies will more often than not demand to see proof of membership of the society.

Whilst it may be acceptable to join '2 seconds' before the event, it is certainly not preferable, mainly due to the fact that it causes extra work on the organisers and the gate staff who will have already put many hours in to organising what I am sure will be an outstanding event. Also, the membership secretaries/regimental Agitants and yes, in particular the RA Secretary, who will be processing upwards of 500 memberships this year (hopefully). All of these people volunteer their time and I am sure that at an event, they would sooner kick back and enjoy it.

As things stand, whoever is manning the gate at Newark will be very, very busy indeed completing white cards or taking details of those who have not yet submitted their memberships, as to date, only two units within the Battalia have submitted forms and only one of those has submitted forms as fully as possible.

So, good people, please put pen to paper, and get those forms in asap. The gate list for Newark will be prepared and sent to Sue Hardy on Wednesday next week.

Kind regards,

Angela Cotgrave
RA Membership Secretary

Posted on: 2006/4/22 11:39
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Memberships
T'Officer Class
From Benson, Oxon, England
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
CO Liase Email
Membership Liase Email
Level : 9
HP : 0 / 223
MP : 39 / 8833
EXP : 94
Angela,

You wrote
"As things stand, whoever is manning the gate at Newark will be very, very busy indeed completing white cards or taking details of those who have not yet submitted their memberships,"

Can we presume from this comment, that if people have not recieved their membership, or have recently sent it and you have not recieved it, that they will be allowed in to the event.

Scotty

Posted on: 2006/4/23 20:28

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
They will indeed, but in order to facilitate it, they will need to complete the ECWS white card at the gate or at the very least, leave their details with the gate guard.

These details are then forwarded to the RA membership Secretary asap after the event who then chases the individuals (and their units) for the memberships.

At this late stage of the day, if people have still not received their membership forms, then I would have to question the efficacy of the membership system within the individual units. The revised RA form was sent out to all unit agitants / membership secretaries a month ago and in any event, I am still receiving old style RA forms,which are acceptable for this season only.

This is not burocracy for the sake of it, it has a real knock-on effect; the RA loses revenue, any individuals who are not members will not be covered by insurance and tardy renewals create an increased admin burden.

I hope that this clarifies things for you.

Cheers,

Angela

Posted on: 2006/4/23 21:26

T'Officer Class
From Benson, Oxon, England
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
CO Liase Email
Membership Liase Email
Level : 9
HP : 0 / 223
MP : 39 / 8833
EXP : 94
Angela,

Cheers for that clarification, I actually meant membership cards rather than forms, but I guess they would be on the list so it does not matter about having the cards.

Scotty

Posted on: 2006/4/23 22:42

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Correct! I am getting membership cards out on average within two-three days of receipt of forms. But yes, if forms are received, the names will be on the list and ergo, they will come in!

Phew!

Angela

Posted on: 2006/4/23 23:00

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hello Waltii,

Just to let you know that I have received a batch of Waltii forms and membership cards are on their way to you as I type.

Cheers,

Angela

Posted on: 2006/5/4 21:15

Reply New Topic

AccountName   Password   Login
Enter the security code     

You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Main Menu
Latest ads
No ad at the moment.
Who's Online
2 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 2

more...
Goggle Ads
Search
Monitor

Copyright (c) 2004 - 2008 Colonel Valentine Walton's Regiment of Foot. Administered by Business Systems for Xoops