Registered Users
Waltons
CO Liase Email
Membership Liase Email
Level : 9
HP : 0 / 223
MP : 39 / 8839
EXP : 94
Hopefully you should all know that i am the CO if not, then this could be a shock to you. But i am afraid there is no going back, the window of opportunity is gone for now. Any how here is some info.
I joined in 1987, i was a musketeer for 5-6 years (so i can see both sides of the coin) then became a pikeman (found salvation so my sole is safe) where i had many a happy time in the middle of a scrap or ham acting death scenes some of wich are still talked about almost as much as the conversations about various drunk times , then progressed through the ranks to be where i am now, i am married to Julie who is in the artillery but we cant all be perfect. We have recently been joined in our live by Allen our 8 week old son (who shall be a waltons pikeman).
We are currently living in N. Yorks.

Posted on: 2004/6/5 14:16
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Meet the boys (& girls)
NCO
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
CO Liase Email
Membership Liase Email
Level : 5
HP : 0 / 114
MP : 15 / 4541
EXP : 59
This is my 26th season of dressing up in silly clothes! I remember Scotty as a callow youth. I started out as a musketeer, have been in the artillery (have been the target of the artillery, but thats a different story!), have had a go at riding with the cavalry (mad!) but for the longest time have been a drummer and lately drum major. Shh, don't tell anybody, but for the first 2 years I was a Royalist!!

I got into reenactment via my chums who were indulging in the perfectly normal passtime of morris dancing. One weekend between bouts of hankies and bells down the pub, they got their ECWS photos out and I exclaimed "er, you're that funny lot who dress up as cavaliers and roundheads!" and the next thing I knew, I was trussed up in stinky wool, crammed in the back of a Morris traveller between two rather 'ripe' pikemen and was carted off to a field in the middle of nowhere, arriving at 3.00am, so it wasn't until the next morning when I emerged from my tent and realised the whole peculiar picture. I was hooked!

Most of the people I joined with have now long since left, but I do have some interesting pictures of ancient re-enactment. However, I have been threatened as the people I have ancient pictures of, also have ancient pictures of me! oops! Still, who wants to look at pictures of a pretty, youthful Jim Bisgood with long hair anyway?

The worst bit of kit I ever wore was a plum velvet polyester doublet affair that was lent to me for my first event. It was well known amongst the regiment so I effectively had a big neon arrow over my head saying NEW RECRUIT!!!! the blue sparks of static off the velvet did provide much needed illumination in the darkness of the tent, however!

Posted on: 2004/6/10 9:57

C17th Junkie
From Rotherham
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
HP : 0 / 201
MP : 33 / 7889
EXP : 5
Well, I suppose I'd better snatch 5 minutes in my hectic day of lounging around and say Hello. I've been a walton since 1984, being dragged to Pontefract on my 18th birthday, got very wet and very, very drunk. And since then I can't find anything better to do on a weekend! Apart from trips to strange climes Ive been a fairly irregular blot on the scene and I've even held rank once or twice. First stab at power was Ensign way back in 1988 or 89? Now you've been fools and left me with the muskets.... Hmmmm..... Apart from that I was a pikeman for the first five years.

Posted on: 2004/7/12 10:13

Warrant Officer
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
Membership Liase Email
Moderators
Level : 12
HP : 0 / 288
MP : 60 / 11398
EXP : 54
Before you are going to visit an event with the Waltons: be prepared!
Take a look at the "Roques gallery", under Photos in Main Menu. You will find some of the Walton's.
Aren't they all very handsome? They are worth to see them alive!

Posted on: 2004/9/7 8:37

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
I'm worried. Messrs. Tindle and Pheil look distinctly nekkid and would make a good ad for Gay Monthly!

Posted on: 2004/9/18 14:51

Warrant Officer
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
Membership Liase Email
Moderators
Level : 12
HP : 0 / 288
MP : 60 / 11398
EXP : 54
Hi all,

We are curious about you, please introduce yourself!
Thanks in advance.

The members of these website

Posted on: 2005/4/25 8:11

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
Hijaking the thread a bit - I've emailed the CO, membership and Quartermaster to try and let people know I'm coming to Chesterfield.

No reply! Will keep trying.

Adam
(Lapsed Waltons Pike -

'When you're standing on the corner...')

Posted on: 2005/5/27 9:28

C17th Junkie
From Rotherham
Group:
Registered Users
Waltons
HP : 0 / 201
MP : 33 / 7889
EXP : 5
Hello Adam
Just finishing in Iraq so wouldn't make it in time for Stavely. Will be out at Geertruidenberg but Welcome back. And I'm still not calling you Sir!

David

Posted on: 2005/5/28 9:39

Anonymous
Guest_Anonymous
An exellent Officer Of Pike, knowlegable and well trained. His ability to lead men in the beer tent is legendary. I'd follow him anywhere. The amount of Skullcrusher he drunk at one event inspired me to drink myself into a coma. (Never again!)

Posted on: 2005/7/4 23:10

Master Sutler
From Northants, UK
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Waltons
Membership Liase Email
Moderators
HP : 0 / 211
MP : 36 / 8361
EXP : 45
Adam

Didn't get any email! Did you enjoy chesterfield? Are you going to rejoin? If you do, then you don't have to be anonymous on this site

Regards
Ashley
Quartermaster

Posted on: 2005/7/22 18:39

« 1 (2) 3 »

Reply New Topic

AccountName   Password   Login
Enter the security code     

You can view topic.
You can start a new topic.
You can reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You can post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Main Menu
Latest ads
No ad at the moment.
Who's Online
3 user(s) are online (1 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 3

more...
Goggle Ads
Search
Monitor

Copyright (c) 2004 - 2008 Colonel Valentine Walton's Regiment of Foot. Administered by Business Systems for Xoops